What’s New and Updates/Changes:
This version of the Guidance has been updated to reflect several important developments, including the recent approval of elbasvir/grazoprevir, together with new information regarding the use of testing for HCV resistance associated variants.
Updated recommendations reflecting this approval are provided in these sections:
- Initial Treatment of HCV Infection
- Retreatment of Persons in Whom Prior Therapy has Failed
Unique Patient Populations: Patients with Renal Impairment
Other updates reflecting recent data are provided in:
- Unique Patient Populations: Patients with Decompensated Cirrhosis
- Unique Patient Populations: Patients who Develop Recurrent HCV Infection Post-Liver Transplantation
HCV Testing and Linkage to Care
Updated recommendations regarding the monitoring of cirrhotic patients are also provided in:
Monitoring Patients who are Starting Hepatitis C Treatment, are on Treatment, or have Completed Therapy section.
Drug-drug interaction updates are also provided, particularly as they relate to antiretroviral agents and calcineurin inhibitors in:
- Unique Patient Populations: Patients with HIV/HCV Coinfection
Unique Patient Populations: Patients who Develop Recurrent HCV Infection Post-Liver Transplantation
Updated references have been provided throughout the Guidance.